top of page

support + signposting

need some help? 

Follow the links below for different areas you may need support with and find some options that can help. 

money-saving tips and discount schemes

Savings on travel in West Sussex

Young adult FIT4 membership (16-24) at South Downs Leisure

Student loan information from Brighton Council

Community food hubs where you can get food for a small donation

multiply at asphaleia

asphaleia's further education provision called Multiply is a numeracy programme for 19-29 year-olds. There are two strands:

- Multiply 4 Work is for young adults who need numeracy skills in order to progress careers in hospitality, healthcare and retail.

- Multiply Flatmate is for care leavers who need support with budgeting, managing household finances, accessing benefits, and shopping economically. 

budgeting support

Free money management course from The Open University

urgent help

This page on Young Minds website guides you to the right people if you're struggling to provide for yourself. 

Benefits calculator to access financial support from the government

sexual health 

BROOK - online sexual health advice for under 25s

Find your local sexual health clinic

registering with a GP

Guidance on registering with a GP from the NHS

drugs and alcohol

FRANK - information and advice on drugs and alcohol

Call: 0300 123 6600 (free, 24/7)

being healthy

8 tips for healthy eating from the NHS

Exercise guidelines from the NHS

HIIT workouts from The Body Coach YouTube channel

online safety

STOPITNOW! - help if you're worried about online behaviour

Call: 0808 100 900 (free, weekdays)

CEOP - reporting online sexual abuse or content

emergency services

Non-emergency police advice and reporting

Call: 101 (free 24/7)

EMERGENCY services - fire, ambulance, police

Call: 999 (free 24/7)

when you don't feel safe

CHILDLINE - free confidential service to talk about anything you want.

Call: 0800 1111 (free 24/7)

RUNAWAY helpline - support if you are missing or are thinking of running away 

Call: 116000 (free, 24/7)

REFUGE - domestic abuse and violence support

Call: 0808 200 0247 (free, 24/7)

GALOP - advice and support on LGBTQ+ violence and abuse

Call: 0800 999 5428 (free, 24/7)

FEARLESS - advice about youth crime and anonymous reporting

mental health support

YOUNG MINDS - mental health support for young people

Text: 85258 (free 24/7)

TELLMI - mental health peer support app for young people

KOOTH - free online counselling and support

help for specific needs

B-EAT - support with eating disorders

Call: 0808 801 0677 (free, 24/7)

self-harm and crisis help

SAMARITANS - support line for people in crisis of all ages

Call or text: 116123 (free, 24/7)

SHOUT - crisis text message service

Text: 85258 (free 24/7)

SELFHARM UK - support with self harm for 11-19 year-olds

CALM HARM - app for support with self harm

careers advice

NATIONAL CAREERS SERVICE - advice and information, plus a phone number and web chat service to speak to a careers advisor 

YOUR SPACE - careers support for young people living in West Sussex

further education options

ASPHALEIA - our further education provision can help you if you're aged 16-29 and living in West Sussex, with English, maths, ESOL and employability on offer (accredited qualifications included)

Find a T-Level using the government search 

find a job

JOBCENTRE PLUS - find your local Job Centre, book an appointment, organise benefits payments

INDEED - website where you can find job opportunities

How to write a CV and cover letter

find an apprenticeship

Explore available apprenticeships on the government website

what are your rights?

NYAS - about the rights of children and youth generally as well as specifically for children in care and care leavers

CITIZEN'S ADVICE - information about children's rights as well as contact details for relevant organisations

ALLSORTS - support and advice for under 26 LGBTQ+

Children's Commissioner

Website for the Children's Commissioner where you can have your say and find out about your rights and entitlements

HELP AT HAND - support, advice and information for young people in care

Call: 0800 528 0731 (free, but not 24/7)

children in care

NYAS - find out more about advocacy here, and get an advocate by contacting NYAS or speak to your social worker

NYAS - find out more about having an Independent Visitor here, and get one by contacting NYAS or speaking to your social worker

ASPHALEIA - if you have an East Sussex social worker, we can organise an advocate and/or IV for you

Call: 0800 129 9300

(free, available Mon-Fri 8am-8pm, Saturdays 10am-4pm)

BECOME CHARITY - a charity for children in care and young care leavers

support for UASC

wellbeing for UASC

REFUGEE COUNCIL - help for anyone seeking asylum

Phone: 0808 175 3499 or WhatsApp: 07888866615


UK TRAUMA COUNCIL - resources for young people about dealing with trauma

NCB - information and advice for young people seeking asylum

MIND MATE - a podcast to help with sleep

BARNARDOS - a helpline for UASC young people

Phone: 0808 500 0046 (free 24/7)

WhatsApp: 07436 479079 (text only)

THE CHILDREN'S SOCIETY - help and support with mental health and other issues

have your say

CHILDREN'S COMMISSIONER - give your opinion on national policies relating to children and youth

HELP AT HAND - Children's Commissioner's advice line for children in care

Call: 0800 528 0731

ASPHALEIA - email us and share your thoughts and ideas about our services and contribute to the youth media

politics & local council

MY LIFE MY SAY - a charity that supports young people to get involved in politics

YOUR SPACE - West Sussex youth council

YOUTH CABINET - East Sussex youth council

YOUTH COUNCIL - Brighton youth council

make a complaint

A ‘complaint’ is something you make when you are unhappy about something or someone.


A ‘concern’ is when you have a worry or doubt about something or someone.

Both a complaint and a concern can be told to anyone, e.g. tutor, learning support assistant, outreach worker, house support worker. If you tell an asphaleia staff member about a complaint, it will be taken seriously, and we will listen to what you have to say.

To find out more about making a complaint, please read our complaints guidance.

give feedback about asphaleia

We’d love to hear about your experience

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us!

If there's anything missing from this page that you think we should include, or that you need support with, please contact us or speak to staff. 

bottom of page